Instructor: Jim Dunn
This course is aimed at individuals who would like to learn about investing as a means of achieving medium to long term financial goals. Emphasis will be placed on practical implementation of concepts.
Topics covered will include:
- Establishing Goals
- Applying Real Numbers to Those Goals:
A Little Math Goes a Long Way
- Types of Investments: Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs
- Resources and Tools
- What Types of Investments are Appropriate (and When):
Never Too Young or Too Old
- The ""Influence"" of Taxes
- Building Your Own Portfolio - You Can be Very Powerful!
Introduction to Investing
- Day: Monday
Meeting Dates: 1/26, 2/2, 2/9, 2/16
Location: Room 513
About Your Instructor:
Jim Dunn has over 20 years of experience as an individual investor. He has found that investing can be financially rewarding as well as interesting and fun. He also believes that, with the appropriate tools and information, everybody has the ability to tailor an investment style which meets their own personality and goals. It's never too early or too late to get started.
Jim is a retired engineer and holds a PhD in Materials Science & Engineering.